GoodLife Fitness and Fit4Less clubs closing across Canada
In order to help stop the spread of the coronavirus, GoodLife is closing all of its GoodLife Fitness and Fit4Less clubs across Canada.
"Since the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak, we have been carefully monitoring the progression of the virus and closely following the advice of Canada’s public health authorities," David Patchell-Evans, founder and CEO of GoodLife Fitness, wrote in an email to members.
"As the virus continues to spread in communities across Canada, and with Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer raising the public risk to ‘serious,’ we are seeing the need for increasingly bold action to reduce the transmission."
Patchell-Evans said the company has made the "difficult but important decision" to close all GoodLife Fitness and Fit4Less Clubs across Canada, effective immediately.
"Our purpose has always been to give every Canadian the opportunity to live a fit and healthy life. There is no moment in our history where that purpose is more important than today. Like other businesses across the country, we are closing our doors to further limit the spread of this virus and to protect the most vulnerable in our community. It is the right thing to do," he wrote.
Patchell-Evans said the GoodLife team is currently working on digital at-home fitness options. He also said the company will continue to pay all of its employees for the next two weeks.
"We look forward to welcoming them all back when we reopen," he wrote.
According to the letter, all member payments are being suspended as of Tuesday, March 17 and any paid-in-full memberships will be put on freeze until further notice and expiry dates will be extended accordingly.
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 16
- Student tests positive for COVID-19 at Brampton elementary school
- Brampton schools in hold and secure after weapon spotted nearby
- Brampton man arrested in connection to fatal collision involving 18-month-old boy
- Victim struck by vehicle in Brampton underground parking lot
- Goodlife Fitness employee tests positive for COVID-19 in Brampton
- Brand New GoodLife Location Set to Open Soon in Brampton
- Community spread of COVID-19 within Canada now rising, Tam says
- Peel Public Health strongly supports closing bars, dine-in restaurants, nightclubs and theatres, effective 12:01 a.m.
- Canada prepared to monitor for community spread of COVID-19: Tam