GTA Man Accused of Manslaughter in Fentanyl Overdose Death
A 37-year-old Oakville man is being charged with manslaughter in connection with an opiod-related death in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
It dates back to Dec. 2017.
York Regional Police were sent to a home on Catering Rd. in the Town of East Gwillimbury on Christmas Eve at 2:30 p.m.
That’s where a 35-year-old man was found dead.
Investigators say the victim died after using fentanyl, which he had bought the day prior.
The man who allegedly provided the fentanyl to the victim was arrested on June 21.
Investigators are asking anyone who may have purchased drugs from the suspect - or anyone with information on this incident - to come forward.
Michael Hilder is charged with manslaughter and trafficking in a schedule 1 substance.
Hilder is scheduled to appear in Newmarket court on July 6.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the York Regional Police #3 District criminal investigations bureau at 1-866-876-5423 ext.7341 or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS, or leave an anonymous tip online at www.1800222tips.com
Photo: York Regional Police handout
- Fentanyl-Related Deaths Increasing in Brampton
- Third Murder Suspect Charged in Brampton Man's Death
- Fifth Murder Suspect Charged in Brampton Man's Death
- Brampton Man Charged in Gunpoint Gang Sexual Assault in York University Area
- Suspect From Brampton Facing Charges in Relation to Massive Drug Trafficking Incident