Gunshot Reports Prompt Hold and Secure at Brampton School
Reports of gunshots have sent another school into hold and secure in Brampton, police say.
Peel police say that officers have received reports that shots are being fired between vehicles on the roadway in the James Potter Rd. and Young Dr. area.
Police are on scene.
Police say Copeland Public Elementary School is currently in hold and secure as police investigate.
A call regarding the incident was received at 1:24 p.m.
Police say there is currently no evidence that shots were fired. Officers remain on scene to search the area.
The hold and secure at Copeland PES has been lifted.
Officers will remain at the school to assist with dismissal.
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Brampton man charged for allegedly lying about COVID-19 exposure
- Waste service changes coming to Brampton amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Close to 2,000 COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, with over 70 cases confirmed in Brampton
- Brampton school under hold and secure as police investigate threats
- Brampton Elementary School Under Hold and Secure Due to Incident
- Brampton School in Hold and Secure Following Stabbing Incident
- Brampton School Placed Under Hold and Secure While Police Search for Armed Suspect
- Hold and Secure in Effect at Brampton Elementary School