Have You Tried This New Way to Find a Job in Brampton?
Most of us when having to find a job envision sitting in front of a computer for long hours, scrolling through job boards, websites and updating your resume to match the job description as well as revising cover letters over and over again.
Some people who are more diligent may still want to do that today, but now there's an easier way to find work thanks to the federal government's new 'Job Bank' digital app. The Job Bank is a free, bilingual website already in existence that provides access to the timely, reliable and comprehensive job market.
The app version of the Job Bank is available on the App Store and Google Play that focuses on the most popular features of the site: Job Search and Job Alerts. Users can search through tens of thousands of good Canadian jobs and create Job Alerts based on their search criteria, letting opportunities come to them.
Since its debut in early 2018, the app has had 50,000 downloads and 438,000 job searches already performed.
The new app also offers Canadians the following:
Easy on-the-go job searching.
Customized job searches to meet the needs of applicants across Canada.
Use of geo-location to find jobs in a specified local area.
The ability to add jobs to a favourites list for future applications.
A free, secure space to view jobs.
A new platform to promote employers' jobs to thousands of potential employees.
Will you be making use of the Job Bank app if you're looking for work?
- Maple Leaf Foods closes Brampton plant as more employees test positive for COVID-19
- Two Maple Leaf Foods workers at two Ontario plants test positive for COVID-19
- Service changes to affect Brampton transit schedules amid COVID-19 outbreak
- More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, 270 total cases found in Brampton
- City of Brampton issues eight physical distancing fines