Health Agency Warning Residents to Avoid Potentially Contaminated Beef
If you regularly purchase ground beef, there's a health warning you might want to take into account the next time you go shopping.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is warning the public not to consume the products described below due to possible E. coli contamination.
Graphic courtesy of the CFIA.
If you have this product in your home, you are advised to avoid eating it.
The CFIA says that food contaminated with E. coli may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick.
Symptoms to look out for can include nausea, vomiting, mild to severe abdominal cramps and watery to bloody diarrhea.
In severe cases of illness, some people may have seizures or strokes, need blood transfusions and kidney dialysis or live with permanent kidney damage. In serious cases, people can die.
The CFIA says there have been no illnesses reported in connection with these products.
- Popular Flour Being Recalled for Contamination with Harmful Bacteria
- Popular Flour Product Recalled for Contamination with Harmful Bacteria
- Potentially Dangerous Dairy Product Being Recalled from GTA Stores
- Frozen Berries Recalled for Salmonella Risk
- Various Breaded Chicken Products Recalled Due to Dangerous Toxin