Heat Alert Officially in Effect for Brampton
You know summer is finally here when the heat warnings start rolling in!
Environment Canada says that a special weather statement is currently in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says a relatively hot and humid airmass has reached the area and will remain in place through Friday.
Maximum afternoon temperatures near 30 degrees and humidex values in the high thirties are forecast for most areas with slightly cooler temperatures near the shores of the Great Lakes.
Minimum overnight temperatures will be in the 17 to 20-degree range.
A cold front Friday night will bring in cooler temperatures and lower humidity for the weekend.
As with all heat warnings, residents are advised to avoid heat-related illnesses by drinking plenty of water and staying in a cool place whenever possible.
Those who are particularly vulnerable, including children, seniors, pregnant women, and residents with chronic illnesses, should be regularly checked on for their health.
Residents are reminded not to leave children, pets or vulnerable individuals in hot vehicles.
- A Huge Food Truck Festival Is Coming To Brampton Soon
- A Huge Sidewalk Sale is Happening at Heartland Town Centre
- Man Wanted for Multiple Fraud Incidents Targeting Victims in Mississauga and Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.7 Mil House With Luxurious Bathrooms
- Another Commercial Development Is Coming To Brampton