Heat Relief Locations Available, Spray Pad Hours Extended for Unusual Weather in Brampton
If you live in Brampton, you must have noticed how unseasonably hot it is for this time of year! Luckily, the city has responded by extending spray pad hours, and offering some tips on how to stay cool in Brampton during this odd time of year.
“Heat relief” is exactly what it sounds like - finding a place to escape the heat in Brampton.
So, where can you find some heat relief?
First, the city is reminding Bramptonians that all recreation centres and library branches are available during normal hours of operation as heat relief locations. All of the rec centres and libraries in the citty have air conditioning, drinking water at taps and fountains, and “relaxed loitering rules” to help keep you cool. Be sure to check out the drop-in swim schedules at a rec centre close to you for a chance to cool off, too.
Also, you may have noticed that the city is keeping spray pads open for some time beyond their normal Labour Day seasonal closure, weather permitting. You can head out to any of the city’s spray pads to stay cool for a little while longer, while the weather stays this way.
Bramptonians are also reminded to restrict outdoors activity if possible, stay out of the sun, drink lots of water, check in on seniors and kids (whoa re more vulnerable to the heat), keep their pets cool (indoors, lots of water, limit time in the sun!), and never leave pets or kids unattended in vehicles.
For anyone who is planning on heading to a pool or a spray pad to stay cool, remember to stay safe near the water!
Here are some tips for water safety from the city:
- Always keep young children within arms’ reach around the water
- Never swim alone
- Restrict and control access to backyard pools with fencing on all four sides
- Put a life jacket on young children when in the pool area or at the beach
- Choose lifeguard-supervised beaches and pools for swimming
- Empty unattended wading pools and buckets of water if not in use
- If you have a pool or cottage, ensure family members learn lifesaving skills
Stay cool, Brampton!
- Peel Police Asking For Public's Help To Locate Pregnant 34-Year-Old Woman
- GoFundMe Page Set Up for Family Following Double Murder-Suicide In Brampton
- OPP Arrest 23-Year-Old Brampton Resident Following Road Rage Incident
- All Lanes Blocked On Highway 407 Due To Collision In Brampton
- Police Investigating Early Morning Shooting in Brampton