Heat warning: Brampton's in for another scorcher
A heat warning is currently in effect, with very hot and humid conditions expected over the next couple of days.
Environment Canada is forecasting highs of 30 to 34 degrees Celsius on Sunday and Monday (feeling nearly like 40 degrees Celsius with the humidity).
Sunday night lows of 22 to 25 degrees Celsius will provide little relief from the heat.
Additionally, Monday will bring with it a chance of thunderstorms.
Cooler, less humid air is expected to arrive on Tuesday.
Residents are reminded to stay cool and watch out for signs of heat illness, such as swelling, rash, cramps, fainting, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, and the worsening of some health conditions.
- Driver stopped for going more than double the speed limit in Brampton
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Houses in Brampton significantly more expensive than they were just one year ago
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- Ottawa sets minimum unemployment rate at 13.1 per cent for EI calculation