Heavy Rain to Hit Brampton
A special weather statement has been issued this morning for many regions in southern Ontario, including Peel and Halton.
According to Environment Canada, significantly heavy rainfall is expected throughout the day (Sunday, April 14), continuing into the evening.
20 to 40 mm of total rain is likely.
"Rain will continue today with the heaviest rain expected early this evening along with the risk of a thunderstorm," the statement reads.
The rain is expected to end overnight or on Monday morning.
Residents should keep a safe distance away from low-lying areas and watercourses, as some flooding may be possible.
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- LATEST: Ontario and Brampton COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- Physical distancing fine issued in Brampton after backyard party
- Here's what day you're asked to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- LATEST: Ontario up to 3,630 confirmed cases, with 172 in Brampton