Here Are the Most Popular Items on Amazon Ordered for Christmas
More than two million items were shipped with same-day/one-day delivery in Canada via Amazon, whose numbers recorded new highs worldwide this holiday season.
“Since Day One we have obsessed over what we believe our customers care about - incredible deals and low prices, fast and free shipping, and a wide selection of top products - and we continue to provide all three, all the time,” said Amazon’s worldwide consumer CEO Jeff Wilke.
Here are the holiday bestsellers in Canada and worldwide:
- The best-selling smart home product in Canada and worldwide was the TP-Link Smart Plug.
- Instant Pot pressure cookers and accessories were among the best-selling kitchen products on Amazon.ca.
- The Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook: Easy Recipes for Fast & Healthy Meals was the best-selling physical book on Amazon.ca.
- Sony MDRZX110 On-Ear Headphones were among the best-selling electronics products on Amazon.ca.
- TubShroom, The Revolutionary Tub Drain Protector Hair Catcher/Strainer/Snare was among the best-selling home products on Amazon.ca.
- The top selling toys on Amazon.ca were Fingerlings - Interactive Baby Monkey - Sophie (White with Pink Hair) By WowWee, Cards Against Humanity: Canadian Edition and What Do You Meme? Adult Party Game.
- Tile Mate - Key Finder was among the top selling wireless electronics products on Amazon.ca.
- The top selling DVDs on Amazon.ca were Game of Thrones: Season 7, The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season, The Crown - Season 1, Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection and American Horror Story: Roanoke.
- The best-selling toy and game item worldwide was What Do You Meme? Adult Party Game.
- The best-selling beauty item worldwide was the Philips Sonicare Diamond Clean Rechargeable Toothbrush.
- The best-selling health and personal care item worldwide was the AncestryDNA: Genetic Testing - DNA Ancestry Test Kit.
Prime membership continued to grow this holiday - in fact, in one week alone, more than four million people started Prime free trials or began paid memberships to benefit from free two-day, one-day or same-day shipping.
(In Canada, Prime scores you free two-day shipping and gives you access to special deals, at an annual cost of $79)
Customers shopped from hundreds of millions of products, including a vast selection from small businesses and entrepreneurs.
More than one billion items were ordered from small businesses and entrepreneurs worldwide this season - and over just five days, from Nov. 23 through Cyber Monday, nearly 140 million items were ordered from small businesses and entrepreneurs.
Amazon Devices also had its best holiday yet, with tens of millions of Alexa-enabled devices sold worldwide.
Echo Dot and Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote were not only the top-selling Amazon devices this holiday season, but they were also the best-selling products from any manufacturer in any category across all of Amazon.
“We’re excited that people continued to join Prime this holiday, to take advantage of more fast and free shipping options, as well as early access to Lightning Deals and unlimited streaming of TV shows and movies, including Prime Originals and more,” said Wilke.
It was a record holiday shopping season for Amazon Devices, with millions more devices purchased worldwide this year, than last year’s holiday season.
This holiday season was better than ever for the family of Echo products. The Echo Dot was the top-selling device this holiday season, and the best-selling product from any manufacturer in any category across all of Amazon, with millions sold.
Customers purchased more than twice as many Amazon Fire TV Sticks compared to last year’s holiday season. Fire TV continues to be the number one streaming media player family in the U.S., U.K., Germany, and Japan, across all retailers.
This year, Kindle celebrated its 10th holiday season.
This holiday, millions of Prime members voice shopped with Alexa for gifts, Amazon devices and everyday household essentials.
The most popular items purchased by voice were the Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote and TP-Link Smart Plug Mini.
- Alexa helped mix tens of thousands of cocktails this holiday season with Martini and Manhattan being the most requested drinks.
- The recipe for chocolate chip cookies was the most requested recipe this holiday season.
- The most requested song from Alexa customers this holiday season was “Jingle Bells.”
- Alexa customers turned on their holiday lights more than a million times via Alexa this holiday season.
- Alexa customers asked for tens of millions of jokes this holiday season.
- Music listening time on Alexa was three times as much this holiday season compared to last holiday season.
- Customers wished Alexa a Merry Christmas, Happy holidays and Happy Hanukkah three and a half times more this year when compared to last year’s holiday season.
- People asked about Santa four times as much this holiday season compared to last holiday season.
- Customers asked Alexa for cooking-related advice more than nine times as much this year compared to last holiday season.
- The most requested movies this holiday season via Alexa were Trolls and Elf.
- Alexa customers set three times as many timers this year compared to last holiday season.
Across North America and the Europe, associates at 10 fulfillment centres picked, packed, and shipped more than one million customer packages in a single day.
Amazon’s peak day of customer fulfillment in 2017 was Dec. 19.
In 2017, we increased the size of our fulfillment and shipping network by more than 30 per cent in square footage worldwide.
Between November 23 and Christmas, Amazon Air carried enough packages to equal over a billion Echo Dots.
An Amazon Air cargo plane can hold more than 10,000 Instant Pots.
The top five items ordered on a mobile device were the Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote and the TP-Link Smart Plug.
Customers worldwide shopping on the Amazon App increased nearly 70 per cent this holiday season.
More than 1,400 electronics products were ordered per second on a mobile device this holiday season.
This year, four times more music from Amazon Music was streamed over Alexa compared to last holiday season.
Amazon Music listeners loved using the lyrics feature to ask for songs on Alexa over the holidays, requesting “Jingle Bells” more than any other festive track just by saying a few words from the song.
Listeners wanted to slow down and unwind this season, asking Alexa to play “relaxing” music more than any other mood through Amazon Music.
Christmas by Michael Buble was once again the most played album on Amazon Music during the holiday season.
“All I want for Christmas is You” by Mariah Carey held the top spot for the most streamed holiday song on Amazon Music for the second year in a row.
The most watched season over the holidays was the Golden Globe-nominated Prime Original The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
The most watched series this holiday was The Grand Tour.
The most watched Amazon Original movie this holiday season was The Big Sick.
The most watched Kids Prime Original over the holidays was If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.
The most purchased movie over the holidays was Elf.
The most purchased series over the holidays was The Walking Dead.
The most-read Kindle book in Amazon First Reads in 2017 was, Beneath A Scarlet Sky by Mark Sullivan.
The best-selling and most-listened-to audiobook of 2017 was The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson, narrated by Roger Wayne.
The most-listened-to fiction audiobook of 2017 was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling, narrated by Jim Dale.
The most-commented-on audiobook of 2017 was Born a Crime by Trevor Noah, narrated by the author.
Source: Amazon Canada
- Police Searching for Missing 17 Year Old Girl in Brampton
- LANE CLOSURE: Collision Involving Transit Bus in Brampton Causing Delays
- A Total Lunar Eclipse is Happening in Brampton Soon
- Brampton Man Charged After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Teen Girl
- Paramedics Respond to Child Struck by Vehicle in Brampton
- These Were The Most Popular Gifts This Christmas in Brampton
- Amazon Launches Unique New Feature in Canada
- Amazon Canada Launches Much Cheaper Monthly Prime Membership Plan
- Here's How Much You'll Probably Spend on Holiday Shopping This Year
- Exciting Things You Didn't Know About BCC This Holiday Season