Here's a Look at Brampton's First Baby of 2018
Although a lot of people probably expect their lives to change in 2018, major change started very early for one lucky Brampton family!
William Osler Health System recently announced that a baby girl weighing five pounds and 14 ounces was born at Brampton Civic Hospital at 2:27 a.m. on January 1 to happy mother Astha Patel and her husband Gaurang Jiyani.
This baby girl is officially the hospital’s 2018 New Year’s baby.
She’s also Patel and Jiyani’s first child.
Other New Year’s babies include a baby delivered at the stroke of midnight at St. Michael’s Hospital in Toronto, twins born at midnight (well, the boy was born at midnight, his sister followed at 12:07 a.m.) at Humber River Hospital in North York, and a baby boy named Brayden was born at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga at 12:01 a.m.
Here’s a picture of the baby and her family, courtesy of William Osler.
The basket of items you see beside them was donated by Shoppers Drug Mart, Store 834, Mountainash Road, in Brampton.
Congratulations to the young family!
- Premier Doug Ford reveals Brampton is "hot spot" for COVID-19
- Brampton issues 56 additional physical distancing fines amid COVID-19 outbreak
- 383 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,190 total cases found in Brampton
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Rainfall advisory issued for Brampton