Here's a Sneak Peek at Brampton's New University
The new Ryerson-Sheridan university that’s coming to Brampton is stirring up a lot of feelings, from excitement to uncertainty and beyond. We recently found out where the new campus will be located, how much money will be spent on it, and much more, and now, Ryerson has released a rendering of what some of the campus could look like.
That’s right, Ryerson University has a rendering of what the inside of a building could look like at the university campus in Brampton.
Here it is:
Over all, the concept is modern and very similar to the look and feel of Ryerson’s campus in downtown Toronto. In particular, it’s reminiscent of the Student Learning Centre on Yonge Street.
This is the first time Ryerson is expanding beyond Toronto, so it’s a pretty historic time for Brampton, Ryerson, and Sheridan, which has been in Brampton for many years now and is expanding its presence.
What do we know about the new university?
Well, the postsecondary institution will focus on STEAM, which stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics.
The province is investing $90 million in it. And Brampton city council committed $150 million from the city in it, and a community space for joint-use to support the university, called the Brampton Centre for Education, Innovation and Collaboration (BCEIC).
And one of the most anticipated details - the university’s location.
The province announced recently that the new facility will be located at the south-east corner of Church Street West and Mill Street North, adjacent to the GO station in downtown Brampton.
What do you think of Brampton getting a new university?
- A Major Canadian Company Is Moving Into A Single Facility In Brampton
- City Congratulates Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown on Birth of His First Son
- Vehicle Flipped Over in Multi-Vehicle Crash in Brampton
- Police Cruiser Involved in Three-Vehicle Crash in Brampton
- Peel Police Asking For Help To Locate Missing 10-Year-Old Boy From Brampton
- Here's How the New University Will Affect Parking in Brampton
- PHOTOS: Here's How the New University Will Fit into Brampton's Downtown Core
- Here's What Ryerson University is Bringing to Brampton
- Here's the Latest on Brampton's New University
- City Could Spend Up to $150 Million on Brampton's New University