Here's a Sneak Peek at Brampton's New University
The new Ryerson-Sheridan university that’s coming to Brampton is stirring up a lot of feelings, from excitement to uncertainty and beyond. We recently found out where the new campus will be located, how much money will be spent on it, and much more, and now, Ryerson has released a rendering of what some of the campus could look like.
That’s right, Ryerson University has a rendering of what the inside of a building could look like at the university campus in Brampton.
Here it is:
Over all, the concept is modern and very similar to the look and feel of Ryerson’s campus in downtown Toronto. In particular, it’s reminiscent of the Student Learning Centre on Yonge Street.
This is the first time Ryerson is expanding beyond Toronto, so it’s a pretty historic time for Brampton, Ryerson, and Sheridan, which has been in Brampton for many years now and is expanding its presence.
What do we know about the new university?
Well, the postsecondary institution will focus on STEAM, which stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics.
The province is investing $90 million in it. And Brampton city council committed $150 million from the city in it, and a community space for joint-use to support the university, called the Brampton Centre for Education, Innovation and Collaboration (BCEIC).
And one of the most anticipated details - the university’s location.
The province announced recently that the new facility will be located at the south-east corner of Church Street West and Mill Street North, adjacent to the GO station in downtown Brampton.
What do you think of Brampton getting a new university?
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Peel region’s top doctor says Brampton is not ready to reopen due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Allegedly impaired driver involved in collision in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar
- 404 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,044 total cases found in Brampton
- Brampton and Ryerson University sign agreement to bring Innovation Zone to the city
- Here's How the New University Will Affect Parking in Brampton
- PHOTOS: Here's How the New University Will Fit into Brampton's Downtown Core
- Ryerson, Algoma and Sheridan present medical school proposal to Brampton council
- Here's What Ryerson University is Bringing to Brampton