Here's How Many People Are Expected to Come Through Pearson Airport Soon
Are you travelling through Toronto Pearson International Airport this holiday season?
If you are, remember to pack your patience along with your passport, as the busiest day of the year at Canada's biggest airport is just around the corner.
In fact, Toronto Pearson estimates that 2.8 million passengers will travel through its doors this holiday season.
Pearson says the holiday travel season will peak on Friday, Dec. 21, 2018, when over 135,000 passengers arrive to or depart from the airport.
On average, 127,000 passengers will fly through the airport daily during the busy holiday travel season, which begins December 16, 2018 and stretches to January 6, 2019.
Here are some tips to help travellers speed through the terminals:
- Check-in for your flight before leaving home.
- Don't waste time circling the parking lot; reserve online for the best prices and a guaranteed spot in the garage.
- If you are picking up someone at the airport, park for free at one of the airport's Cell Phone Lots, a convenient short-term parking area available to drivers while they wait for their passenger to arrive.
- Prepare for security screening by having your documents in hand and preparing your carry-on items to be inspected.
- If travelling internationally through Terminal 3, download CBSA's eDeclaration app. The app allows you to create a scannable customs declaration, cutting your time at a kiosk by up to 50%.
- Always pack essential items like valuables and medications in your carry-on luggage.
Are you flying in or out of Pearson Airport this holiday season?