Here's How to Get Free Popcorn in Brampton and Beyond
It’s the perfect combination of hot, salty, and crunchy.
With butter … lots of butter.
If you love movie theatre popcorn - and who isn’t a fan, other than my sister, aka the only person who doesn’t order the biggest bag? - then you’ll be happy to hear about this freebie.
You can get a free bag of fluffy and buttery goodness at Cineplex theatres to celebrate National Popcorn Day on Friday, Jan. 19.
You need to have a Scene points card.
More than eight million people in Canada qualify for the deal.
“Popcorn has always been synonymous with the movies and is an undeniable part of what makes going to the movies so much fun,” said Cineplex VP of communications and investor relations Pat Marshall.
“We are very excited to celebrate National Popcorn Day at our entire network of theatres coast-to-coast as well as on the streets of Toronto.”
What’s Marshall referring to?
Well, a popcorn-inspired food truck will be making its way through high-traffic areas across the city - and, we hope, throughout the Greater Toronto Area? - to hand out free, freshly-made popcorn to the public.
You can stalk the popcorn truck (yes, I feel a tad ridiculous typing this but I stand by it!) via social media -it’s @CineplexMovies - for route details and follow #NationalPopcornDay.
The offer is available at all 163 Cineplex theatres nationwide, for every movie and every showtime on Friday.
To take part, members can just scan their points card or the barcode on the Scene app at the theatre’s concession stand to receive a free small bag of Cineplex’s famous popcorn.
The offer is valid for one bag per Scene member.
It can’t be combined with any other concession offers, combos or promotions.
More information is available here.
THAT’S SO CORNY
- Cineplex anticipates serving more than 200 million kernels of popcorn on National Popcorn Day.
- Cineplex actually has a signature popcorn recipe exclusive to its theatres.
- Movie-lovers in Saskatchewan consume more popcorn per capita than any other province.
- Movie-lovers in Edmonton (AB) consume more popcorn than anywhere else in Canada.
- Cineplex pops roughly 29 billion popcorn kernels over the course of a year.
- If laid end to end, that’s enough popcorn to climb the CN Tower in Toronto (ON) nearly one million times, the Calgary Tower in Calgary (AB) nearly three million times, the Peace Tower in Ottawa (ON) nearly six million times, and the Notre-Dame Basilica in Montreal (QC) over nine million times.
- If laid end to end, that’s enough popcorn to pass Confederation Bridge in Prince Edward Island over 42,000 times.
- If you laid popcorn kernels end-to-end from coast-to-coast beginning at Cineplex’s theatre in St. John’s (NFLD) and ending at its theatre in Victoria (BC), it would take more than 373 million popped kernels to span the distance.
- Brampton is Renaming Some of its Neighbourhoods
- Canada's Wonderland is Building Longest, Fastest, Highest Roller-Coaster for 2019
- Brampton Man Charged in Connection With Five Shootings
- Brampton Man Celebrating Following Huge Lotto Win
- Brampton Ranked Ontario's Most Expensive City for Car Insurance Again