Here's How You Can Get a Free Big Mac in Brampton
If you love free burgers, something unique is happening at McDonald’s across the country that you’ll want to know about!
Especially if Big Macs are your item of choice at McDonald’s. Or if you just love free food.
McDonald’s Canada is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a special, limited edition coin. It’s called the MacCoin and it’s your golden ticket (ahem, or coin) to a free Big Mac.
Starting on August 2, 2018, MacCoins will start circulating in more than 50 countries.
According to Mcdonald’s, each coin is redeemable for one Big Mac at participating restaurants around the world. A whopping 6.2 million coins will be available globally.
A total of 50,000 coins will circulate in Canada.
How can you snag a coin?
There are two ways.
- You can enter the #BigMac50 contest on Twitter @McDonaldsCanada, from August 2nd until August 8th and share why you love the Big Mac
- You can tune into local radio stations for additional giveaways
Coins are not being distributed with purchase in Canadian restaurants, according to Mcdonald’s.
Mcdonald’s says that the MacCoin draws inspiration from The Economist’s Big Mac Index - a measure of global purchasing power.
“The Big Mac is a cultural icon and what better way to celebrate its continuing status than to issue a commemorative coin” says Henry Nienhuis, President of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association in a recent release.
“The many designs of the MacCoin reflect the incredible international network that comprises the McDonald’s global system. We all know what the Big Mac is worth to us, but giving it its own limited mintage official celebratory coin, expands that worth giving us a collectible keepsake as well.”
The coins come in five feature designs. According to Mcdonald’s, each MacCoin design pulls in elements from that time in history, nodding to art, music and pop culture, while the front-side of the MacCoin celebrates the 50th anniversary of the Big Mac.
And the seven languages featured on the front-side of the MacCoin represent many of the countries participating. Those languages include Arabic, English, Indonesian, Mandarin, Portuguese, French and Spanish.
Happy eating…if you can get your hands on a MacCoin, that is!
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park
- All lanes closed on a major highway in Brampton
- House of the Week: $4.6 Mil Massive House with Stunning Interior
- Major phone scam affecting Brampton; residents warned not to call back
- UPDATE: Mental health crisis prompts major highway and road closures in Brampton