Here's What's Happening With the Gore Meadows Community Centre Expansion
The massive Gore Meadows Community Centre expansion has been underway for some time now. Phase 1 might have been completed, but an official date has not yet been confirmed for Phase 2’s opening.
For now, you can get a sneak peek at some of the facility’s new amenities.
You might be wondering - how?
Well, on Saturday September 15, 2018, the community centre is hosting an open house where residents can get a look at some of its brand new features, including the pool and the fitness centre.
When complete, the full site will span about 240 acres and include an outdoor ice facility, a spray pad, and a park rivalling the size of Chinguacousy Park.
The Gore Meadows Community Centre and Library project is situated on a whopping 240 acres of land at The Gore Road and Castlemore Road, extending from The Gore Road east to McVean Drive west, and along Castlemore Road as a southern boundary.
Phase two is the aquatics and fitness part of a multi-year, phased plan to create a 92-acre city-wide park at the corner of Castlemore Road and The Gore Road. For comparison, Chinguacousy Park boasts 100 acres, so it’s evident that this new park will be a massive community space.
Here’s what exactly is in store for Phase two of the project which totals approximately 80,000 square feet of space:
- A leisure pool with special features such as a slide and teaching steps
- An eight-lane lap pool
- A fitness centre with an aerobics and dance area
- A 6,000 square foot equipment field house
- A 246-foot track, where 20 laps are equivalent to one mile
- A brand new spray pad
- An almost 9,000 square foot outdoor skating rink
The project will also seek Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification. The entire project is estimated to cost $37 million.
The open house will provide an overview of at some of Gore Meadows’s newest amenities.
So if you’ve been waiting to look inside, Saturday might be a good time to go.
We’ll keep you posted on the official opening date for Phase 2.
Join us Saturday, September 15 to learn about the exciting new amenities at Gore Meadows Community Centre. This is your chance to get an inside look at the building's new places and spaces, including the pool and fitness centre. https://t.co/e4kUdp1Jd7 pic.twitter.com/6nPsOsdbBI— City of Brampton (@CityBrampton) September 11, 2018
- Maple Leaf Foods closes Brampton plant as more employees test positive for COVID-19
- Ontario reports 550 new COVID-19 cases, largest single-day increase so far
- More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, 270 total cases found in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police help six-year-old boy from Brampton celebrate his birthday
- Two Maple Leaf Foods workers at two Ontario plants test positive for COVID-19
- PHOTOS: A Sneak Peek Inside Gore Meadows Community Centre Phase 2
- Massive Gore Meadows Community Centre and Library Expansion Delayed
- Brampton's Getting a First of its Kind Outdoor Skating Rink
- Brampton Fires Contractor After Major Community Centre Expansion Delays
- Chinguacousy Park Outdoor Amenities Now Open for the Summer