Here's when and how to get tested for COVID-19 in Brampton
With the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, Brampton residents may still be wondering when and how to get tested.
William Osler Health System (Osler) has the capability to test for COVID-19 at its COVID-19 Assessment Centre, located at Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness.
Based on clinical discretion and in specific situations, patients are also being tested in the Emergency Departments at Brampton Civic Hospital.
Since the pandemic began, Peel Memorial’s Assessment Centre and Brampton Civic Hospital, Osler have completed over 9,000 tests.
In terms of testing members of the public, Osler is, in fact, testing members of the public at its Assessment Centres who fit the following criteria.
Members of the public may be tested if they show symptoms such as fever over 37.8 degrees celsius or above, that is not caused from a known infection or illness, any new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, hoarse voice, runny nose, sneezing or nasal congestion, loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or abdominal pain and flu-like illness.
Osler is also testing health care workers, long-term care residents and others in alignment with the Ministry of Health directives.
Osler possesses the capacity to carry out more testing and members of the public are asked to see if they meet the criteria for testing online before coming to the COVID-19 Assessment Centre.
Osler’s COVID-19 Assessment Centre at Peel Memorial is open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Two Brampton residents celebrating lottery wins
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Multi-vehicle collision in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Street race results in car crashing into Brampton home
- Police investigating gas station robbery in Brampton
- City of Brampton encouraging residents to report face-covering infractions
- Here's when and how to get tested for COVID-19 in Peel
- Mobile COVID-19 testing centre returns to Brampton with extended hours
- Mobile COVID-19 testing centre returning to City of Brampton
- Mobile COVID-19 testing centre returning to Brampton
- Another mobile COVID-19 testing site being held in Brampton this week