Here's Where Brampton's Hospital Ranks on the List of Best Hospitals in Canada
While every city is excited when its establishments make it onto a list of the world's best anything, it's especially encouraging when a city (or country's) hospitals are recognized as some of the best in the world.
Newsweek magazine recently partnered with Statista Inc., a global market research and consumer data company, to create a comprehensive ranking of the world's best hospitals.
"Of all the industries on the threshold of transformation, none is more politically contentious, tightly regulated, scientifically significant or economically important than health care. Hospitals around the globe will drive--and be shaped by--much of this disruption," the article says.
Newsweek says one thousand hospitals were selected based on recommendations from medical professionals, patient survey results and medical performance indicators.
Newsweek says Statista collaborated with GeoBlue and invited tens of thousands of doctors, hospital managers and other healthcare professionals to complete an online survey.
So, where did Brampton’s hospital rank on the list?
Brampton Civic Hospital, which operates under the William Osler Health banner, came in at 54.
On a list of 85 Canadian hospitals, no Peel establishments broke the top 10. However, Credit Valley Hospital—which operates under the Trillium Health Partners banner—came in at number 39 on the list.
It's followed by the Mississauga Hospital (which also under Trillium Health Partners) at 49.
Other nearby places also made the list, including Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital (43), Milton District Hospital (63) and Joseph Brant Hospital in Burlington (66).
Newsweek also ranked the top 10 hospitals in the world and only one Canadian hospital made the cut—Toronto General Hospital at number 7.
You can see the rest of the top 10 below:
Are you happy with healthcare in Brampton?
- Patrick Brown reveals COVID-19 'hot spot' neighbourhood in Brampton
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots
- Three teens arrested for arson at Brampton elementary school
- Police investigating after deceased male located in Brampton
- Ontario is giving drive-in movie theatres the clear to reopen
- Brampton Makes Huge Moves Towards More Hospital Funding and a Third Hospital
- Trillium Health Partners rescheduling non-essential surgeries to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Over 100 Ontario Hospitals to Undergo Repairs This Year
- Jagmeet Singh Promises New Hospital And Investments In Health Care In Brampton
- Here's How Much Money Brampton is Getting for Hospitals