Here's Where You Can Go for Free This Summer
Wasn't last summer great? Canada was celebrating its 150th anniversary of Confederation meant free admission in parks and at historic sites.
If you're planning to go camping or visit a spot to delve into Canadian history this summer, you're in luck.
Various sites across Ontario have free admission on select days through the summer. You can visit on the day of free admission and save yourself a few bucks.
You obviously know that all national parks and historic sites are free on Canada Day. But on select days you can walk, boat, swim, hike or just hang out without any admission fees. Here's where all you can go across Ontario.
1) Fort Malden National Historic Site - August 4
2) Bellevue House National Historic Site - September 23
3) Bethune Memorial House National Historic Site - November 12
4) Fathom Five National Marine Park - September 9 (free entry to visitor centre)
5) Fort George National Historic Site - August 5
6) Fort St. Joseph National Historic Site - July 7
7) Laurier House National Historic Site - June 16
8) Georgian Bay Islands - August 11
9) Point Pelee National Park - October 13
10) Pukaskwa National Park - June 21
11) Trent-Severn Waterway National Historic Site - June 24
12) Thousand Islands National Park - June 16
13) Rideau Canal National Historic Site - June 24
14) Woodside National Historic Site - November 11
Where will you be headed this summer?
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- COVID-19: 151 new cases in Ontario as premier looks to limit gatherings to 5 people or less
- These Brampton businesses are giving back to the community amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- Canada's National Parks & Historic Sites Are Free for Brampton Residents in 2017
- 5 National Parks You Have to Visit for Canada 150
- 5 National and Provincial Parks You Have to Visit Just a Few Hours from Brampton
- Historic Photos of Summer in Brampton
- Brampton Tim Hortons Are Celebrating National Coffee Day This Weekend