Here's Who Can Ride GO Transit for Free This Weekend
With Remembrance Day coming up soon, some residents should note that they might be eligible to catch a free ride on GO Transit.
Metrolinx recently announced that it plans to honour Canadian Armed Forces members and veterans with free travel on Remembrance Day—Nov. 11, 2018.
"Every year on November 11, Metrolinx honours veterans, their companions and current members of the Canadian Armed Forces by offering free transportation on GO Transit buses and trains and UP Express," Metrolinx said in a statement.
Veterans and current members of the Canadian Armed Forces are asked to identify themselves by wearing their medals, beret, blazer, uniform or other similar belongings while traveling.
Immediate family members of deceased veterans may also ride for free on Remembrance Day if carrying something to identify their relationship to the late veteran, such as service papers or an identification card.
Residents should also note that various municipalities are offering free transit for veterans and soldiers on Nov. 11.
The City of Mississauga says Canadian Forces veterans and their companion can ride MiWay for free on Remembrance Day as well.
Veterans should wear items such as uniforms, medals or carry items that identify them as veterans to transit operators.
War veterans can also ride Brampton Transit for free on November 11. A veteran can be identified by producing a Brampton Transit "War Veteran Pass" or by wearing or producing a uniform, medals, berets, a blazer or other means of identification.
Oakville Transit is also offering free rides for veterans.
Commuters heading to Toronto should note that the TTC is also offering free rides to veterans and their companions.
If you are a veteran or active-duty soldier, be sure to bring the required proof with you to be eligible for free transit fare.
- Peel Region Reduces Speed Limits On Two Major Roads In Brampton
- A Huge Food Truck Festival Is Coming To Brampton Soon
- Man Wanted for Multiple Fraud Incidents Targeting Victims in Mississauga and Brampton
- 5 Strange Landmarks You Can See Outside of Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.7 Mil House With Luxurious Bathrooms
- Some Brampton Residents Can Ride the Bus for Free on Remembrance Day
- BREAKING: GO Transit Announces that Children Will Ride for Free
- Here's What is Happening for Remembrance Day in Brampton
- Here's Another Way Brampton is Honouring Veterans
- You Can Take Public Transit for Free this New Year's Eve in Brampton