Here's Why You Haven’t Received Your Voter Info Card
Many would-be Ontario residents still have not recieved their voter information cards in the mail.
Elections Ontario has advised voters of a delay of some voter information cards because of the Canada Post delivery service.
Voters were expecting to receive their voter information cards at the latest May 25, which would be right before advance voting began on May 26. Elections Ontario provided voter information cards to Canada Post starting May 15 to May 22.
Canada Post has a two-day service delivery standard.
However, a number of voters have not received their voter information cards within that scheduled time frame.
The card states where, when, and how to vote.
“We rely on our partnership with Canada Post to deliver essential voter information on time," said Greg Essensa, Ontario’s Chief Electoral Officer.
"We are clearly disappointed that we have not received the level of service that we have come to expect from our long-standing partner. I want to assure electors, however, that this does not prevent them from voting when they bring proper identification with them to the polls.”
Elections Ontario reassures those who have not received their voter information card that they can still vote by bringing one piece of identification that shows both their name and current residential address.
You can also take your passport and a bank statement or credit card bill with your address on it.
Residents can vote by special ballot at a returning office or through home visit until 6 p.m. on June 6.
Election day is June 7, 2018 with polls open at 9 a.m. running until 9 p.m.
Click here for voting locations in your electoral district.
- A Major Canadian Company Is Moving Into A Single Facility In Brampton
- Peel Police Asking For Help To Locate Missing 10-Year-Old Boy From Brampton
- City Congratulates Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown on Birth of His First Son
- A Frightening New Scam is Scaring Brampton Residents into Giving Up Private Information
- Vehicle Flipped Over in Multi-Vehicle Crash in Brampton
- Here's Why Election Day in Ontario Will See Shorter Lines
- A Few Quick Reminders on Election Day in Ontario
- Here are Official Voter Turnout Numbers in the Ontario Election
- Here's How to Vote for the Municipal Election in Advance in Brampton
- Will Future Elections Take Place During The Weekend or A Holiday?