High-Rise Fire Results in Partial Evacuation of Brampton Apartment Building
Brampton Fire is currently on scene of a second alarm high-rise fire.
This fire occurred at 165 Kennedy Rd. S. and has resulted in a partial evacuation of the 11th and 12th floor.
There are no reported injuries and the fire, according to Brampton Fire, appears to have started in the electrical panel on the 11th floor.
The main body of the fire has been knocked down and crews are working to remove smoke from the building.
Century Garden Recreation Centre, 340 Vodden St., is available for tenants to use as a warming centre.
Crews have completed a primary search, and power has been isolated to 90 per cent of the building.
We will provide updates as they become available.
UPDATE: According to Peel Police, power has been restored at 165 Kennedy Rd., however the partial evacuation is still in effect. Kennedy Rd. S. is reopened but one lane is blocked by emergency vehicles.
Incident at 165 Kennedy still ongoing with no access to floors 8-11. Should any tenants in other units require assistance please call 311 for non-emergency or 911 for emergency @BmptGuardian @CityBrampton @PeelPoliceMedia @Peel_Paramedics— Brampton Fire & Emergency Services (@BramptonFireES) February 7, 2019
Photo is courtesy of Brampton Fire.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- These Brampton businesses are giving back to the community amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- Close to 1,000 cases of COVID-19 recorded in Ontario, with 41 new cases found in Peel
- Federal doctor says COVID-19 battle will last ‘months, many months’ as cases soar
- Emergency Crews Responding to High-Rise Fire in Brampton
- Crews on Scene of High Rise Fire in Brampton
- Fire Crews on Scene at Apartment Building Blaze in Brampton
- Brampton Fire Department Responding To First Alarm Fire At Apartment Building
- UPDATE: Here's the Latest on Fire in High Rise Apartment Building in Brampton