High School Teacher from Brampton Charged in Connection with Sexual Assault
A 44-year-old Brampton man who teaches at a Mississauga high school has been charged in relation to a sexual assault investigation.
According to Peel police, investigators with the force's Special Victims Unit recently received information that a teacher from St. Francis Xavier Secondary School had allegedly been involved in inappropriate relationships with two teenaged students. Police say the incidents occurred between January 2016 and May 2017.
As a result of the investigation, Gavin McAnally was arrested and charged with sexual interference, invitation to sexual touching, sexual exploitation and sexual assault.
He was held for a bail hearing on August 9.
Police say McAnally has been a teacher with the Catholic District School Board for approximately 15 years.
Investigators are concerned that there may be additional victims who have not yet come forward, and ask any potential victims or witnesses to contact police.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact investigators at the Special Victims Unit at 905-453-2121, ext. 3460.
- Brampton Woman Arrested After Crashing Pick Up Truck into Tree
- Police Remind Residents Not to Call 911 on Ice Cream Trucks
- Peel Police Asking For Help To Locate Missing 10-Year-Old Boy From Brampton
- City Congratulates Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown on Birth of His First Son
- Vehicle Flipped Over in Multi-Vehicle Crash in Brampton
- Brampton High School Teacher Charged With Sexual Exploitation
- Brampton School Teacher Facing New Sexual Exploitation Investigation Charges
- Brampton School Teacher Charged With Sexual Exploitation
- Brampton Teacher Facing More Sexual Assault-Related Charges
- Police Identify Man Charged in Sexual Assault Investigation in Brampton