High School Teacher from Brampton Charged in Connection with Sexual Assault
A 44-year-old Brampton man who teaches at a Mississauga high school has been charged in relation to a sexual assault investigation.
According to Peel police, investigators with the force's Special Victims Unit recently received information that a teacher from St. Francis Xavier Secondary School had allegedly been involved in inappropriate relationships with two teenaged students. Police say the incidents occurred between January 2016 and May 2017.
As a result of the investigation, Gavin McAnally was arrested and charged with sexual interference, invitation to sexual touching, sexual exploitation and sexual assault.
He was held for a bail hearing on August 9.
Police say McAnally has been a teacher with the Catholic District School Board for approximately 15 years.
Investigators are concerned that there may be additional victims who have not yet come forward, and ask any potential victims or witnesses to contact police.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact investigators at the Special Victims Unit at 905-453-2121, ext. 3460.
- A Peel police officer has been charged with sexual assault
- Firearm located after traffic stop closes 410 in Brampton
- Police identify woman allegedly killed by former partner in suspected murder/suicide incident in Brampton
- Lanes closed on 410 due to police investigation in Brampton
- Police searching for Brampton man following shooting and robbery at adult entertainment facility
- Brampton High School Teacher Charged With Sexual Exploitation
- Brampton School Teacher Facing New Sexual Exploitation Investigation Charges
- Brampton School Teacher Charged With Sexual Exploitation
- Brampton Teacher Facing More Sexual Assault-Related Charges
- Police Identify Man Charged in Sexual Assault Investigation in Brampton