Historic Brampton Building Gets New Occupant
Brampton has been around since the 1800s, so it’s no surprise that there are some epic, historic buildings that are still standing in our city.
And it’s even less of a surprise that businesses are vying for space in those history-filled buildings that are still architecturally sound.
KEEN Footwear, a family-owned outdoor and lifestyle footwear brand, just announced that it will be moving its headquarters to 57 Mill Street North, which was built in the 1920s.
“Staying true to the historic building's original architecture, the second-floor office space offers 6,000 square-foot, loft-style space bricked interior walls and 80-year-old exposed timber structures,” said KEEN in a recent statement.
It looks like the shoe really fit KEEN - the space is actually the former site of the Hewetson Shoe Company, so its staying true to shoes. The Hewetson Shoe Company was a major employer in Brampton for over 65 years!
Back in 2008, the City of Brampton actually designated the space an official heritage building.
The new space isn’t too far-fetched, since KEEN’s global headquarters in the U.S., in Portland, OR have a similar, loft-style layout with wooden floors, high ceilings, and large windows.
KEEN, which has been around since 2003, says the Mill Street location will contain its sales, marketing, operations, finance, and customer service teams, so it looks like a few new jobs are coming to Brampton with the move, too.
KEEN says their not-so-new office space is “rugged, original, and versatile.”
"Our employees are going to love working here, and we're looking forward to breathing new life in this historic space,” said Rob Brydges, General Manager at KEEN Canada.
Here’s a look at what they’ve done with the space:
Is this just the beginning of more businesses moving to Brampton?
All images courtesy of KEEN
- Grocery store employee in Brampton tests positive for COVID-19
- BREAKING: AMBER Alert issued for two girls last seen in Kitchener
- Mayor Brown raises concerns over banquet hall events and weddings in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 28
- New Co-working Space Opening in Brampton Soon
- Brampton's Getting a Brand New Co-Working Space
- Here's How a Brampton Company is Helping NASA Lead Future Space Missions
- 5 Stores To Go in the Target Space in Bramalea City Centre
- Major Restoration And Renovation Project Underway At Historic Brampton Building