Historic Photos of Summer in Brampton
Although weather-wise it already feels like its here, today is the first day of Summer. In celebration, Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives (PAMA) has pulled a few fun summer archives shots from the Brampton vaults to get us pumped and reminisce on summers past.
Dale Estate greenhouses offered regular tours to locals and visitors to town. This postcard is from around 1920.
Atom Auto Races, a soapbox derby, May 1951.
Bobby Bunton caught this brown trout at Huttonville Park, in April 1949.
Torontonians would often escape the smells and sounds of the city, by heading to the privately-owned Eldorado Park. Seen here around 1910, it offered a calmer alternative to Sunnyside amusement park.
A soccer game in Bramalea, 1980.
Join PAMA tonight in downtown Brampton across from Gage Park (Thurs. June 21, 5 - 9 p.m.) for a FREE admission evening in celebration of Summer Solstice, Indigenous History Month and National Indigenous Peoples Day!
Explore and enjoy tours of the We are Here permanent exhibition at PAMA, which showcases Indigenous history and stories of people who live in Peel today.
Plus, don't miss our monthly Drumming Circle with Peel Aboriginal Network at 7 - 8:30 p.m. PAMA has a great line-up of Summer fun for the entire family including Summer Camp (July 9 - 27) and Summer Staycation Activities on select Tuesdays and Thursdays in July and August (check website for exact dates) plus new exhibitions and so much more!
All photos and information courtesy of PAMA
- McLaughlin and Ray Lawson closed due to shooting investigation in Brampton
- Mayor Brown raises concerns over banquet hall events and weddings in Brampton
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 29
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 29
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Free Admission Days Coming Up at PAMA
- PAMA Just Launched Multiple Family-Friendly Events To Celebrate Summer
- Free Admission at Art Gallery and Museum in Brampton All Summer
- Here's What's Happening at Brampton's Art Gallery and Museum This Summer
- PAMA's virtual activities to continue throughout month of August