How to Keep Your Car Safe in Brampton
No one should steal things from cars - or steal cars - but it's an ongoing crime that's often preventable.
According to the Insurance Bureau of Canada and the Ontario Provincial Police, there are certain precautions you can take to keep your car safe in Brampton.
This may seem very simple, but first, you should always roll up your vehicle's windows and lock the doors when your vehicle is unattended, say, in your driveway, or in a parking lot.
Drivers are also advised not to leave their vehicle unattended while it's running.
Let's say you have a garage - you should park your vehicle inside of your garage and lock both.
Further, vehicle keys shouldn't be left in plain view or in an easily accessible area where they might be snatched or get lost.
Police also advise against leaving vehicle registration and proof of insurance inside of an unattended vehicle.
Parking in well-lit areas is also a preventative measure.
Finally, never leave valuable items or merchandise in plain view, use your trunk instead.
These simple tips could make the difference in preventing your vehicle from becoming a target of crime.
- Physical distancing fine issued in Brampton after backyard party
- Vehicle rolls over twice during collision in Brampton
- Traffic light outage in Brampton causing delays
- LATEST: Ontario up to 3,630 confirmed cases, with 172 in Brampton
- Police lay more than 50 charges against eight Brampton residents in connection to series of thefts
- Police Warning Residents to Watch Out for Car Thefts in Brampton
- Crews on Scene for Vehicle Fire in Garage of Brampton Home
- Peel Police in Search of Stolen Vehicle in Brampton With Dog Inside
- Two Brampton Men Sleeping Inside Stolen Car Get Arrested
- Residents Reminded Not to Leave Pets in Parked Cars