Huge Change Coming to Sheridan College in Brampton
Do you attend Sheridan College in Brampton?
If you do, there’s a change coming that you might want to be aware of.
Sheridan College campuses will soon be smoke-free.
According to a recent press release, starting tomorrow, Oct. 17, Sheridan's newly adopted policy, Smoke Free Sheridan Policy, will be enforced.
This new policy will see that all Sheridan campuses are 100 per cent smoke-free.
With this policy, Sheridan joins more than 30 colleges and universities across Canada that already are tobacco and smoke-free.
The school says it’s dedicated to promoting a safe and healthy working, living, and learning environment for all students and community members.
Smoking in this policy refers to any form of smoking such as tobacco, vaping, e-cigarettes, smokeless tobacco (chewing tobacco), or cannabis.
However, the school will provide accommodations for the medical use of cannabis.
Sheridan has been working towards attaining a smoke-free status since 2012 when the school introduced designated smoking shelters at its Oakville and Brampton campuses.
The Hazel McCallion Campus in Mississauga has always been smoke-free since it is on city-owned lands, therefore, requiring it to obey city by-laws.
This new policy was originally being planned to be implemented in the spring of 2019, however, following the provincial government's announcement of its intent to allow the use of cannabis wherever tobacco smoking is permitted, the school decided to move the date.
- Ontario to announce plans for Stage 3 of reopening as COVID-19 spread slows
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Police responding to reports of man sitting in middle of road in Brampton
- Brampton resident celebrating a big lotto win
- Sheridan College and Other School Programs Closing Due to Snow
- Sheridan College Recently Ranked Number One on an Exciting List
- Sheridan College to temporarily close in wake of COVID-19 outbreak
- Sheridan College offering virtual workshop to prepare students for remote learning
- Sheridan College taking steps to assist community amid pandemic