Huge Changes Possible for Brampton Movie Theatres
You have your popcorn, large drink, and candy. Could your movie theatre experience get any better? Well, it just might.
If you want your movie theatre experience to come with special effects such as wind, fog, motion synchronized seats, and more, then your opportunity may be coming.
On Sept. 19 the world's main cinema technology company, CJ 4DPLEX, announced in collaboration with Cineplex, a major entertainment, and media company, an agreement that will incorporate the 4DX movie experience in up to 13 Cineplex locations across Canada over the coming years.
The first 4D theatre opened in 2016 at Cineplex Cinemas Yonge-Dundas and VIP in downtown Toronto. The popularity of this theatre resulted in the collaboration.
The CJ 4DPLEX 4D technology embellishes the visuals of a movie with special effects.
In addition to the effects listed above, other special effects include lightning, rain, scents, vibration, bubbles, and snow.
“We are incredibly proud of the success of 4DX in Toronto, which brought our technology to audiences in Canada for the first time,” Brandon Choi, CEO of CJ 4DPLEX America, said in a recent press release.
“We look forward to growing our footprint throughout major cities across the country as part of our continued progress as the fastest-growing premium cinema format in the industry.”
Calgary is set to be the next Canadian city to open a 4DX auditorium, but the companies will announce future cities over the coming months.
The 4DX technology currently reaches 59 countries and can be found in 561 theatres around the world.
“Cineplex was proud to be the first company in Canada to pilot the technology, but we are even prouder to be the first to invest in a national roll-out,” Ellis Jacob, President and CEO, Cineplex, said in a recent press release.
“As part of this new agreement, Scotiabank Theatre Chinook in Calgary, Alberta, will be the first location to begin construction with the new, state-of-the-art auditorium. 4DX is a truly immersive cinema experience and we know Calgarians, and all Canadians are really going to love it.”
By the end of 2018, this technology is expected to be in 630 theatres around the world.
Would you want to see a 4D auditorium at a theatre in Brampton? We’ll keep you posted on whether one is opening here at Silver City.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- COVID-19: 151 new cases in Ontario as premier looks to limit gatherings to 5 people or less
- These Brampton businesses are giving back to the community amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- Ride-like features coming to multiple Cineplex locations
- Canada's largest movie theatre chain sold to UK-based company
- You Can Now Get Movie Theatre Popcorn Delivered to Your Home in Brampton
- Cineplex Offering a Free Movie Day in October
- Raptor’s Games Will be Shown at Some Movie Theatres Near Brampton