Huge New Condo Development Proposed for Downtown Brampton
From getting a new streetscape to getting a new university, downtown Brampton is going to look very different in a few years time. And there’s another major development that’s proposed for the area.
A huge new condo development has been proposed at 122-130 Main Street North, 6 and 7 Nelson Street East, and 7 and 11 Church Street East.
These three towers are proposed to have 23, 25, and 27 stories, with one three-storey stacked townhouse building. The Rose Garden Residences will boast 596 units and 5,205 square metres of commercial space.
The development is set to have two entrances from Nelson Street, and a total of 645 parking spaces.
Image courtesy of Weston Consulting
You can definitely take the “garden” aspect of the Rose Garden Residences seriously - courtyards, outdoor play areas, trees, a planting area, and turf are planned for the development.
Custom benches and bike parking are also in the works.
Several pedestrian crossings and even a water feature are also planned for the development.
A few studies have already been done as part of the proposal, and an open house and public meeting were held at City Hall on April 9, 2018, and zoning amendments are in the works, too.
Of course, downtown Brampton is a dense area, and some buildings will have to be torn down in order for the Rose Garden Residences to take shape, including the building that houses adult shop Aren’t We Naughty and Lumbini Wellness Spa.
The development is still in the proposal and public engagement phase.
What do you think of the possible new condos?
- Driver stopped for going more than double the speed limit in Brampton
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Houses in Brampton significantly more expensive than they were just one year ago
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- Suspended driver allegedly caught with firearm during traffic stop in Brampton
- Huge New Condo Developments Proposed for Brampton
- Massive Development Project Proposed At Old Farming Area In Brampton
- What's Happening with These Developments in Brampton?
- Here's A Glimpse Into The Latest Residential Development Coming To Brampton
- Residents Furious Over Humongous Condo Proposed in Brampton