Huge Police Blitz About to Hit Brampton
Although there's never a good time to drive while impaired, drivers should vow to be on their absolute best behavior this Super Bowl weekend.
Peel police recently announced that R.I.D.E.(Reducing Impaired Driving Everywhere) will be out in full force this weekend.
For those who are unaware, R.I.D.E. focuses on detecting and removing impaired drivers who have consumed drugs or too much alcohol from the roads.
Peel police say they will be conducting Super Bowl weekend R.I.D.E on February 3 and 4.
"Peel Regional Police would like everyone to enjoy a safe Superbowl weekend and celebrate responsibly," the force said in a statement.
Police are asking anyone who plans on drinking this weekend to be responsible and ensure a transportation plan is in place.
"Sometimes even the designated driver slips. If nobody in your group is sober, it has never been easier to arrange for another mode of transportation," police say.
Police are also advising residents to choose a designated driver before going out.
"Impaired driving is no accident. In Canada, it is one of the leading causes of death on our roads that can be easily avoided by planning ahead," police say. "If you suspect that someone is operating a motor vehicle while impaired, call 9-1-1 when safe to do so."
- BREAKING UPDATE: Alleged Killer of 11-Year-Old Girl in Hospital with Gunshot Wound
- One Group Will No Longer Have to Pay Property Tax in Brampton
- Feds Cracking Down on Phantom Vehicles
- Brampton House of the Week: Massive $5.6 Million Custom Estate Home
- Freezing Rain Expected to Hit Brampton This Week
- R.I.D.E. Out in Full Force for Super Bowl Weekend in Brampton
- Major Police Blitz Coming to Brampton Very Soon
- Major Police Blitz Hits Brampton This Long Weekend
- Multiple People Arrested During First Weekend of Impaired Driving Blitz
- R.I.D.E. Out in Full Force for St. Patrick's Day Weekend in Brampton