Human Remains Found in Brampton Identified
Police have determined that the human remains that were discovered in Fletcher's Creek Community Park in Brampton belong to 69-year-old Shamsher Virk.
The remains were discovered in the area on Thursday, Nov. 10 and DNA testing has confirmed they are indeed those of the Brampton senior who went missing about two months before the disheartening discovery.
Virk had not been seen by friends or family since September 2016.
Police have said that Virk's death is not considered suspicious.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905)453-2121 ext. 2233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
- Brampton intersection closed after vehicle flipped over, traffic light knocked down
- What's Open and Closed Canada Day in Brampton
- Brampton hosting drive-thru Canada Day experience
- Police investigating shooting near Jayfield Park in Brampton
- Two arrested for string of distraction thefts targeting residents in Peel and the GTA