Impaired Brampton Man Charged After Fleeing From Police in Stolen Vehicle
A 24-year-old Brampton man has been arrested and charged with numerous offenses after allegedly fleeing from police in a stolen vehicle while intoxicated.
On Feb. 11 at 10:51 a.m., Napanee OPP officers responded to complaints about a vehicle driving erratically on the eastbound 401. Further investigation revealed that the vehicle in question had been stolen in Brampton and that officers from Tweed had attempted to stop the driver earlier that morning.
The OPP located and attempted to stop the vehicle at Palace Road, but the driver continued to flee. According to police, officers managed to stop the vehicle north of Napanee on Highway 41 and arrest the driver (who was also allegedly impaired).
Brampton man Ryan James has been charged with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, fleeing from police, possession of property obtained by crime, driving a motor vehicle while impaired, driving while disqualified, driving with an open container of alcohol and more.
The accused was held for Bail Court on Sunday in the city of Kingston.
- One Person Hospitalized Following Shooting in Brampton
- Brampton Conservative Candidate Under Fire for Homophobic Comments
- A Major Mobility Development Is Underway In Brampton
- Here's How a Brampton Company is Helping NASA Lead Future Space Missions
- Peel Police Looking For 29-Year-Old Woman With Outstanding Charges
- Brampton Teens Charged After Allegedly Fleeing from Stolen Vehicle into Farmer's Field
- Brampton Men Charged After Stolen Vehicle Crash
- Brampton Truck Driver Arrested for Impaired Driving on Highway
- OPP Arrest And Charge 21-Year-Old Brampton Resident With Impaired Driving
- Brampton Woman Charged After Driving Opposite Direction on 407 Impaired