Impaired Driver Charged After Colliding with GO Bus in Brampton
A disqualified driver is facing charges after colliding with a GO bus with over three times the legal limit of alcohol in his system.
Peel police report that on Monday, April 17 at 12:01 p.m., officers received numerous calls regarding a collision between a GO Transit bus and a transport truck (without a trailer) in the Dixie Road and Steeles Ave. E. area in Brampton.
Police say the bus had approximately 30 passengers on board at the time of the collision and there were no reported injuries.
Police arrested a 37-year-old Brampton man Sarwan Singh, the man driver who was operating the truck at the time of the crash. Police say Singh had over three times the legal limit of alcohol in his system. He has since been charged with impaired operation of a motor vehicle, excess blood alcohol, fail to remain at the scene, driving while disqualified and more.
Singh was held for a bail hearing and appeared in court on Tuesday, April 18.
- Unconscious male in Brampton located with no vital signs, police say
- Child at summer camp tests positive for COVID-19
- Motorcyclist dead after colliding with transport truck in Brampton
- Unconscious male located in Brampton pronounced deceased
- Why anyone who deferred mortgage payments should check their credit score
- Impaired Driver Arrested After Ignoring Police Road Block in Brampton
- Brampton School Bus Driver Charged With Impaired Driving With Children on Board
- Impaired Brampton Man Charged After Fleeing From Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Brampton Truck Driver Arrested for Impaired Driving on Highway
- Brampton Dump Truck Driver Charged Following Collision With Train in Puslinch