UPDATE: Impaired Driving Collision Critically Injures One Person and Closes Intersection in Brampton
One person is in critical condition following an impaired driving collision in Brampton.
The collision took place around 7:00 p.m. in the area of Steeles Avenue East and Goreway Drive.
As a result, Goreway’s southbound lanes have been closed and all lanes westbound are blocked. A short time later, police reported that westbound Finch Avenue had also been blocked.
Police took one person involved in the collision into custody for impaired driving, while two others were transported to the hospital. CP24 is reporting that one person has suffered life-threatening injuries.
Police have advised residents to avoid the area.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- House of the Week: $4.6 Mil Massive House with Stunning Interior
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Brampton
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- Two pedestrians hospitalized after being struck by vehicle in Brampton