Important Information on Street Parking in Brampton
Whether you’re that person who lines their street with cars when you’re throwing a holiday party, or you just have some friends over for the day, there are some important — and very helpful — rules about street parking in Brampton you should know about.
‘Tis the season to have guests over for hours, chug egg nog, and likely run out of parking spaces in your garage and on your driveway, after all.
So, what do you need to know about street parking in Brampton?
There are two main rules according to the City’s Traffic and Parking By-law.
- A vehicle can’t be parked on any street between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m.
- A vehicle can’t be parked on any street for more than three hours at a time
That being said, the City does give special consideration if a vehicle needs to be parked on the street for up to 14 calendar days per year — there is currently no permit parking on City streets.
You do have to apply to obtain special parking consideration, though. You can do so by filling out an application here.
Or, for short-term parking needs, you can call 3-1-1 to park on the street for more than three hours or between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. for a free permit whenever you or your guests might need to.
Regardless, you will still get a ticket if you’re obstructing snow clearing or road maintenance operations.
Special considerations are not issued during winter weather events, like a major snowstorm.
There are also certain cases for which the City will never accept a vehicle being parked on the street.
- Inoperative, immobile (i.e. the car has a flat tire), or unlicensed vehicles can’t be parked on the street
- A vehicle can’t be parked on a residential street if it’s taller than 2.6m and/or longer than 6.7m including any attachments or trailers
Let’s not forget about some more major street parking offences you should be wary of. Here in Brampton, you can’t:
- Park more than 15cm from the curb
- Park within 9m of an interesection
- Park facing the wrong way
- Park within 3m of a fire hydrant
- Park in a bicycle lane
- Park in from of a driveway
- Park obstructing a sidewalk
Any many more. You can be fined up to $150 depending on your street parking offence, so be careful when you or your guests are parking on the street in Brampton!
If you’re looking for special consideration or you have specific questions about your street parking situation, it’s best to call 3-1-1 and ask.
For more details on street parking, click here.
- Brampton Woman Arrested After Crashing Pick Up Truck into Tree
- Police Remind Residents Not to Call 911 on Ice Cream Trucks
- Peel Police Asking For Help To Locate Missing 10-Year-Old Boy From Brampton
- City Congratulates Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown on Birth of His First Son
- Vehicle Flipped Over in Multi-Vehicle Crash in Brampton
- Street Parking May be Eliminated in Downtown Brampton
- Street Parking Closures in Major Area of Brampton Soon
- Important Parking Changes Coming to Some Areas of Brampton
- Here's What's Being Done About Illegally Parked Vehicles in Brampton
- Brampton Man Charged in Connection With Assault on Parking Enforcement Officer