Important Recycling News for Brampton
Spring means a lot of things: better weather (generally speaking), more sunshine, more colourful outfits and some changes to garbage and recycling pickup.
While you know changes are coming in terms of yard waste, you should also note that the Region of Peel's spring 2019 battery collection period is upon us.
The region says used batteries will be collected on residents' recycling collection day during the April 15 - 26 battery collection period.
To find your battery pickup day, click here.
The region says acceptable batteries for curbside collection include single-use A, AA, AAA, C, D, 9 volt and button cell household batteries.
To dispose of old batteries, put them in a clear, sealable bag. On your collection day, place the bag of batteries on top of your closed organics cart. If you don't have an organics cart, place your bag of batteries beside your filled recycling bags.
If you live in a multi-residential or condominium building, you can take your household batteries to any Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC) or drop them in battery drop-off barrels throughout Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon.
Residents should also note that they don't have to hold onto used household batteries until spring every year—everyone is free to drop them off at a CRC anytime.
To learn more, click here.
- Physical distancing fine issued in Brampton after backyard party
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, over 130 cases confirmed in Brampton
- Police lay more than 50 charges against eight Brampton residents in connection to series of thefts
- Justin Trudeau says it would be a “mistake” for the U.S. to reduce amount of medical equipment coming into Canada
- Looking to Recycle Old Batteries in Brampton?
- Major Garbage and Recycling News for Brampton
- You can add something else to your recycling this fall in Brampton
- A Change is Coming to Waste and Recycling Collection in Brampton Very Soon
- You Can Throw Out Some Interesting Items in Brampton and Mississauga Very Soon