Important Recycling News for Brampton
Spring means a lot of things: better weather (generally speaking), more sunshine, more colourful outfits and some changes to garbage and recycling pickup.
While you know changes are coming in terms of yard waste, you should also note that the Region of Peel's spring 2019 battery collection period is upon us.
The region says used batteries will be collected on residents' recycling collection day during the April 15 - 26 battery collection period.
To find your battery pickup day, click here.
The region says acceptable batteries for curbside collection include single-use A, AA, AAA, C, D, 9 volt and button cell household batteries.
To dispose of old batteries, put them in a clear, sealable bag. On your collection day, place the bag of batteries on top of your closed organics cart. If you don't have an organics cart, place your bag of batteries beside your filled recycling bags.
If you live in a multi-residential or condominium building, you can take your household batteries to any Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC) or drop them in battery drop-off barrels throughout Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon.
Residents should also note that they don't have to hold onto used household batteries until spring every year—everyone is free to drop them off at a CRC anytime.
To learn more, click here.
- 18-Year-Old Killed In Highway Shooting In Brampton
- Police Responding to Robbery at Gunpoint in Brampton
- Peel Police Concerned About Missing 25-Year-Old Woman From Brampton
- Peel Police Investigating Assault Near Plaza In Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: OPP Pulls Over Brampton Driving Instructor Making Illegal U-Turn On Highway
- Looking to Recycle Old Batteries in Brampton?
- Major Garbage and Recycling News for Brampton
- A Change is Coming to Waste and Recycling Collection in Brampton Very Soon
- You Can Throw Out Some Interesting Items in Brampton and Mississauga Very Soon
- Important Waste Collection News for Mississauga and Brampton Residents