Important Waste Collection Information for Brampton Residents
From wrapping paper, to leftover food, the holiday season is notorious for piling up the trash.
Peel Region is reminding residents of waste collection changes beginning on Christmas.
During the week of December 25, all recycling, garbage and organics collection will take place two days later than your regular scheduled day.
During the week of January 1, all recycling, garbage and organics collection will be one day later than your regular pick-up day. These special dates are reflected on your 2017 and 2018 waste collection calendars.
The Region collects real Christmas trees from the curb. Put your Christmas tree at the curb on your scheduled recycling collection day during the weeks of January 8 and January 15, 2018. Trees taller than 3 m (10 ft) must be cut in half to be collected at the curb or dropped at a Peel Community Recycling Centre.
Peel is encouraging residents to use the online When Does It Go tool to download personalized 2018 waste collection calendars.
Additional information can be found here.
- Police investigating incident at Brampton school
- Police identify woman allegedly killed by former partner in suspected murder/suicide incident in Brampton
- Police investigating murder/suicide incident in Brampton
- Police searching for Brampton man following shooting and robbery at adult entertainment facility
- Peel Regional Police investigating suspicious death in Brampton