Indian Snow Woman Making Waves in Brampton
When one talks about the crossover between cultures, it sometimes get sensitive, espeically these days when there’s talk about cultural appropriation.
But sometimes traditions in Canada meld together with traditions from another land and just work, or in this case mildly break the Internet.
A Brampton resident decided to take a bit of a twist on the standard snowman and make theirs into a Indian version of ‘Frosty the Snowman’ by adorning it with traditional garb, complete with eyelashes and jewellery.
Forget Frosty the snowman we got Farah the snow Jatti up in here pic.twitter.com/p4d7VZWqQN— Isha (@isha__singh__) November 16, 2018
“Desi the Snowgirl”, who has been dubbed Saddi Juliet by the creator, has been a viral hit on the Internet, garnering 84,000 likes on this tweet, with more admirers on Instagram, Facebook and Reddit in the past three days.
If you needed something to signify winter in Brampton, this pretty much covers it.
For more on Saddi check out her creator’s Instagram here.
- Massive Winning Lotto Prize Ticket Recently Sold in Brampton
- Brampton House of the Week: $1.1 Million Home with Gorgeous Kitchen
- Brampton Politicians Speak Up On Alleged Sikh Extremism in Canada
- Police Searching for Suspects After Armed Robbery in Brampton
- Violence Against Teachers on the Rise in Brampton