Indian Snow Woman Making Waves in Brampton
When one talks about the crossover between cultures, it sometimes get sensitive, espeically these days when there’s talk about cultural appropriation.
But sometimes traditions in Canada meld together with traditions from another land and just work, or in this case mildly break the Internet.
A Brampton resident decided to take a bit of a twist on the standard snowman and make theirs into a Indian version of ‘Frosty the Snowman’ by adorning it with traditional garb, complete with eyelashes and jewellery.
Forget Frosty the snowman we got Farah the snow Jatti up in here pic.twitter.com/p4d7VZWqQN— Isha (@isha__singh__) November 16, 2018
“Desi the Snowgirl”, who has been dubbed Saddi Juliet by the creator, has been a viral hit on the Internet, garnering 84,000 likes on this tweet, with more admirers on Instagram, Facebook and Reddit in the past three days.
If you needed something to signify winter in Brampton, this pretty much covers it.
For more on Saddi check out her creator’s Instagram here.
- Driver stopped for going more than double the speed limit in Brampton
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Houses in Brampton significantly more expensive than they were just one year ago
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- Police searching for suspects of carjacking with knife in Brampton