Instagram and Facebook are down for some users
If you’re experiencing Facebook and Instagram outages today (Nov. 28), you’re not alone.
According to the website Down Dectector, users throughout Canada and around the world are having trouble posting on both Facebook and Instagram.
Some users, including those in Mississauga, have said they are receiving a message that reads: “Facebook Will Be Back Soon! Facebook is down for required maintenance right now, but you should be able to get back on within a few minutes. In the meantime, read more about why you’re seeing this message. Thanks for your patience as we improve the site.”
Others have taken to Twitter to say that while they can log-in as usual, they are having trouble sending and receiving messages on Facebook Messenger and posting photos on Instagram.
The outages have been reported worldwide.
The UK-based Independent says users began reporting the outage around 9:00 am EST.
Are you having issues accessing Facebook and Instagram?
UPDATE: Instagram has confirmed the outage.
We’re aware that some people are currently having trouble accessing Facebook’s family of apps, including Instagram. We’re working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible. #InstagramDown— Instagram (@instagram) November 28, 2019
- Skies will be clear in Brampton for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- Passengers aboard several early-August flights to Pearson test positive for COVID-19
- Vehicle rolls over on Brampton intersection
- Feds transitioning Canadians from CERB to Employment Insurance
- Houses in Brampton significantly more expensive than they were just one year ago