Intense snowfall impacting Brampton this evening
A snow squall warning is in effect this evening, with periods of brief but intense snowfall expected.
“A well organized snow squall originating from Lake Huron has reached the region and will gradually move southward,” Environment Canada reports.
“This squall is capable of producing quick accumulations of 2 to 5 cm in an hour along with sudden reductions to near zero visibility in heavy snow.”
This band is expected to move out of the region early tonight.
Residents should be ready for quickly changing and deteriorating travel conditions, as visibility may be rapidly reduced by heavy blowing snow.
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Brampton man charged for allegedly lying about COVID-19 exposure
- Waste service changes coming to Brampton amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Close to 2,000 COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, with over 70 cases confirmed in Brampton