Is a St. Lawrence-Style Market Coming to Brampton?
Brampton already has popular seasonal markets, and now, the city is considering a another market at a much larger scale.
Downtown Brampton Farmers’ Market, Downtown Brampton Harvest Market, and Mount Pleasant Village Market operate at various times throughout the year and create spaces where where Bramptonians can shop locally.
Last April, the city began to explore the possibility of a year-round indoor market.
Currently, the year-round indoor market project has almost completed Phase Three in a three-phase program. This means that we could indeed be getting a glorious new local marketplace.
Phase Three culminates in a report to City Council later this year. According to the city, the report will provide recommendations on the type of year-round market best suited to Brampton, address financial implications, and determine the feasibility and sustainability of this type of activity.
As for possible locations for the market, the city hasn’t released which indoor spaces are on the table.
There’s currently no deadline in place for the implementation of the market.
Where do you think the year-round market should set up shop?
- Brampton is Renaming Some of its Neighbourhoods
- Canada's Wonderland is Building Longest, Fastest, Highest Roller-Coaster for 2019
- Brampton Man Charged in Connection With Five Shootings
- Brampton Man Celebrating Following Huge Lotto Win
- Brampton Ranked Ontario's Most Expensive City for Car Insurance Again
- Brampton Could Soon Have a Year-Round Farmers' Market
- Here's What's Happening With the Downtown Brampton Farmers' Market This Year
- Brampton's Last Fall Harvest Market of the Year is This Weekend
- The Downtown Brampton Farmers' Market Will Have a New Location Next Year
- First Ever Fall Harvest Market Set to Hit Brampton