It's about to feel like winter real quick in Brampton
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement, calling for significant snowfall overnight through Saturday evening in Brampton
“An approaching low-pressure system will bring snowfall to Southwestern Ontario beginning overnight which will spread eastward to the Golden Horseshoe on Saturday morning,” said Environment Canada.
“Total snowfall amounts of 10 to 15 cm are expected. Some locations may transition over to periods of rain late Saturday. Strong winds gusting up to 60 km/h may also create areas of local blowing snow.”
The snow or rain will change to flurries overnight Saturday night, says Environment Canada.
Visibilities will be reduced in areas of blowing snow, which can make travel hazardous, as well.
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- The longest picket line ever could be coming to the Region of Peel this Friday
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport
- Peel Regional Police investigating carjacking in Brampton
- Police investigating fire in Brampton