It's about to feel like winter real quick in Brampton
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement, calling for significant snowfall overnight through Saturday evening in Brampton
“An approaching low-pressure system will bring snowfall to Southwestern Ontario beginning overnight which will spread eastward to the Golden Horseshoe on Saturday morning,” said Environment Canada.
“Total snowfall amounts of 10 to 15 cm are expected. Some locations may transition over to periods of rain late Saturday. Strong winds gusting up to 60 km/h may also create areas of local blowing snow.”
The snow or rain will change to flurries overnight Saturday night, says Environment Canada.
Visibilities will be reduced in areas of blowing snow, which can make travel hazardous, as well.
- Daycare in Lockdown as shooting leaves man dead in Brampton
- Employee at Brampton FreshCo. tests positive for COVID-19
- Brampton woman identified as Hamilton murder victim
- Police searching for missing 15-year-old girl from Brampton
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 24
- Snow expected to hit Brampton this weekend
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Brampton
- Significant Snowfall May Affect Upcoming Commutes in Brampton
- Environment Canada Issues Special Weather Statement for City of Brampton
- Environment Canada issues freezing rain warning for Brampton