Justin Trudeau Still Preferred Prime Minister After Blackface Photos
Despite Justin Trudeau's past scandals recently evoking some public ire, he remains the preferred prime minister heading into the 2019 election, a recent survey reports.
A national telephone survey, conducted by Nanos Research and sponsored by CTV News/The Globe and Mail, asked respondents a series of questions regarding the upcoming federal election.
When asked to rank their top two current local preferences for prime minister, Trudeau came out on top at 32% -- a number that has dropped steadily over the past week.
Conservative Party leader Andrew Scheer came in second at 29%.
However, when respondents were asked to rank their top two current local voting preferences, the Conservative Party came first at 37%, recently surpassing the Liberal Party which polled at 32%.
The national random telephone survey spoke to 1,200 Canadians throughout the campaign over a three day period. Each evening a new group of 400 eligible voters was interviewed.
Trudeau landed in hot water recently when past photos emerged of the prime minster wearing blackface and brownface.
He issued a public apology, saying "I take responsibility for my decision to do that. I shouldn’t have done it. I should have known better. It was something that I didn’t think was racist at the time, but now I recognize it was something racist to do and I am deeply sorry.”
To view the full report, click here.
- Second employee at Brampton grocery store tests positive for COVID-19
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Military releases disturbing report on alleged abuse in Brampton long-term care home
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- First responders attending to blown transformer in Brampton
- Justin Trudeau Responds to His Picture in Brownface at 2001 ‘Arabian Nights’ Party
- Justin Trudeau Promises To Lower Taxes and Cell Phone Bills in Brampton
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau self-isolating after wife experiences flu-like symptoms
- Jagmeet Singh Comments On Justin Trudeau's Picture Wearing Brownface
- Justin Trudeau re-elected as Prime Minister