Last Chance for Brampton Artists and Food Vendors to Apply for Canada Day Celebrations
The city of Brampton is calling on local food vendors and artists to help make this year’s Canada Day celebration memorable.
The City of Brampton Cultural Services division is looking for applicants that fit a specific set of needs for the festivities.
For artists, the city has issued a Call for Activations, which create compelling and unique environments and experiences. Local, regional and national talent is invited to show off a variety of media.
The committee is looking for activations that showcase dance, literature, media arts, multi and inter-arts, music, theatre, and visual arts.
Artists will be selected based on certain criteria including high-quality artistic expression, engagement with the audience, and demonstrates a strong connection to the City of Brampton and Canadian heritage.
Activations must also consider public safety and visibility. Only submissions that are able to be safely performed or executed outdoors with large crowds present at all hours and in all weather conditions will be chosen.
On the food side of applications, vendors of all cuisines are asked to apply to participate in the celebration.
The committee is looking for enthusiastic entrepreneurs who can make unique food and have great customer service and experience.
Vendors will be prioritized is they meet certain criteria including menu offering, customer experience, supporting local, business experience, and eco-friendly practices.
Vendors must also meet all operational requirements and code of conduct as defined here.
This year, Canada Day celebrations will take place on Monday, July 1 from noon until 10 pm at Chinguacousy Park. Thousands of Brampton residents attend the event yearly, and this year is expected to be no different.
The deadline for both vendors and artists to apply is tomorrow, May 10.
- Grocery store employee in Brampton tests positive for COVID-19
- Brampton raid part of large fentanyl bust
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Brampton apartment fire forces people out of building
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 28
- City of Brampton Looking for Vendors for Community Events this Summer
- Vendors wanted for Brampton's upcoming Black History Month celebrations
- Brampton Artists Will Perform at Popular Toronto Festival This Summer
- Pop Superstar Lights Will Headline Brampton's Canada Day Celebration
- These Brampton artists just received 2020 Juno Awards nominations