Last Chance for Brampton Artists and Food Vendors to Apply for Canada Day Celebrations
The city of Brampton is calling on local food vendors and artists to help make this year’s Canada Day celebration memorable.
The City of Brampton Cultural Services division is looking for applicants that fit a specific set of needs for the festivities.
For artists, the city has issued a Call for Activations, which create compelling and unique environments and experiences. Local, regional and national talent is invited to show off a variety of media.
The committee is looking for activations that showcase dance, literature, media arts, multi and inter-arts, music, theatre, and visual arts.
Artists will be selected based on certain criteria including high-quality artistic expression, engagement with the audience, and demonstrates a strong connection to the City of Brampton and Canadian heritage.
Activations must also consider public safety and visibility. Only submissions that are able to be safely performed or executed outdoors with large crowds present at all hours and in all weather conditions will be chosen.
On the food side of applications, vendors of all cuisines are asked to apply to participate in the celebration.
The committee is looking for enthusiastic entrepreneurs who can make unique food and have great customer service and experience.
Vendors will be prioritized is they meet certain criteria including menu offering, customer experience, supporting local, business experience, and eco-friendly practices.
Vendors must also meet all operational requirements and code of conduct as defined here.
This year, Canada Day celebrations will take place on Monday, July 1 from noon until 10 pm at Chinguacousy Park. Thousands of Brampton residents attend the event yearly, and this year is expected to be no different.
The deadline for both vendors and artists to apply is tomorrow, May 10.
- A Peel police officer has been charged with sexual assault
- Firearm located after traffic stop closes 410 in Brampton
- Lanes closed on 410 due to police investigation in Brampton
- Police identify woman allegedly killed by former partner in suspected murder/suicide incident in Brampton
- Police searching for Brampton man following shooting and robbery at adult entertainment facility
- City of Brampton Looking for Vendors for Community Events this Summer
- Brampton Artists Will Perform at Popular Toronto Festival This Summer
- Pop Superstar Lights Will Headline Brampton's Canada Day Celebration
- Is The City Doing Enough to Support Arts in Brampton?
- A Free Music And Food Festival Is Coming To Brampton Soon