Last chance to check out this exciting exhibit at PAMA in Brampton
Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives (PAMA) is still showcasing an exhibition on Guru Nanak, the founder of Sikhism, in celebration of the founder’s 550th anniversary.
This exhibit entitled The Sakhis of Guru Nanak: The Life and Legacy of the Founder of the Sikh Faith, will run until January 19, 2020, and admission is free.
The exhibit explores calligraphy, drawings and more to reflect stories of the life and teachings of Guru Nanak and traces his legacy through Janamasakhis (manuscripts), Sakhis (painted stories), photographs and narrative textiles such as Phulkaris (embroidery) and Rumalas (sacred cloth).
B.S. Marwah will also be hosting a curator talk called Insights into Sikh Art on January 19, 2020, at 2:00 p.m.
For more information, click here.
- 11-year-old from Brampton hoping to win this season’s grand prize for America’s Got Talent
- Two Brampton man face charges after woman is struck by car
- COVID-19 hits more schools amid growing fears of pandemic’s second wave
- Police investigating robbery at gunpoint in Brampton
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 22