LATEST WEATHER STATEMENT: Freezing Rain to Hit Brampton
Environment Canada is continuing to forewarn the public of some hazardous weather this weekend.
There's a risk of freezing rain Saturday night (March 9) followed by strong, gusty winds on Sunday.
"Rain will begin late Saturday evening or after midnight," the statement reads. "In areas where temperatures remain below the freezing mark, this precipitation could fall briefly as freezing rain before temperatures rise above zero."
Roughly 15 to 25 mm of rainfall are expected before the rain comes to an end late Sunday morning or early Sunday afternoon.
Southwest winds of up to 70 or 80 km/h are expected to develop on Sunday and will continue for much of the day.
Residents are advised to travel cautiously during hazardous weather and keep an eye out for further weather statements.
- Woman found in Brampton garage in life-threatening condition
- Police identity victim of recent homicide in Brampton
- 16 year old arrested for homicide of Brampton man
- Police responding to female with knife in Brampton
- Patrick Brown responds to video alleging his violation against Brampton’s COVID-19 bylaw