LATEST WEATHER STATEMENT: Freezing Rain to Hit Brampton
Environment Canada is continuing to forewarn the public of some hazardous weather this weekend.
There's a risk of freezing rain Saturday night (March 9) followed by strong, gusty winds on Sunday.
"Rain will begin late Saturday evening or after midnight," the statement reads. "In areas where temperatures remain below the freezing mark, this precipitation could fall briefly as freezing rain before temperatures rise above zero."
Roughly 15 to 25 mm of rainfall are expected before the rain comes to an end late Sunday morning or early Sunday afternoon.
Southwest winds of up to 70 or 80 km/h are expected to develop on Sunday and will continue for much of the day.
Residents are advised to travel cautiously during hazardous weather and keep an eye out for further weather statements.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Brampton
- House of the Week: $4.6 Mil Massive House with Stunning Interior
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020