LGBTQ Cafe Event Coming to Brampton
It’s Pride month, and a very inclusive event is coming to Brampton.
LGBTQ Community Cafes are all about inclusion in Peel, providing a forum for people interested in seeing changes in Peel for the LGBTQ community in terms of programs and services, social or recreational opportunities, volunteering, safety, visibility, and employment.
Everyone is invited to share their vision, hopes, and ideas for LGBTQ inclusion in Peel.
The first meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 28, 2017, at the Community Door (Boardroom) in Brampton, at 601-7700 Hurontario Street from 5-8 p.m. This cafe in particular is geared towards the trans community.
There is a $10 honorarium fee, with bus fare and a light meal provided. This event is an accessible and LGBTQ safe space.
Subsequent meetings geared towards changes for the LGBTQ community will be held throughout July and August:
- July 8, 5-8 p.m. - Community Door Brampton, 601-7700 Hurontario St. (Boardroom)
- July 19, 5-8 p.m. - Family Services of Peel, 501-161 City Centre Dr., Mississauga
- August 30, 5-8 p.m. - The Exchange, 55 Healey Rd., Bolton, Ontario
These events are brought to the community by Peel HIV/AIDS Network, Volunteer MBC, Caledon Community Services, Family Services of Peel, East Mississauga Community Health Centre, Wellfort CHC, CMHA Peel Dufferin, and Punjabi Community Health Centre.
- UPDATE: Pedestrian struck by vehicle in Brampton pronounced dead
- Pedestrian seriously injured after being hit by vehicle in Brampton
- Multiple coyotes have been spotted in Brampton
- Single-home buyers and condo living on the rise; here's what you need to earn in Brampton
- Police searching for sex trafficking offender known to frequent GTA