Loaded Handgun Allegedly Seized After Brampton Man Passes Out Behind the Wheel
Police say a Brampton man is facing charges after a loaded handgun was allegedly recovered during an impaired driving investigation in Mississauga.
Peel police say that on Thursday, Jan. 17, 2019, at 2:52 p.m., officers received reports of a potentially impaired driver in the Eglinton Avenue and Hurontario Street area. ,
Police allege they located the vehicle and found the driver passed out while in the driver's seat.
During the arrest, a loaded 9mm handgun was allegedly located on the driver.
Police also allege that further investigation of the vehicle located illicit drugs as well.
Police say 21-year-old Brampton man Jevere Anthony Grignon has been charged with impaired driving, firearm, and drug related offences.
The accused was held for a bail hearing and appeared in court on Jan. 18, 2019.
- Police no longer believe Brampton incident was a kidnapping
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway
- UPDATE: Police say Saturday night incident in Brampton wasn't kidnapping; continuing to investigate
- Brampton Man Facing Impaired Driving and Firearm Charges
- Police Seize Loaded Handgun, Drugs, and Cash Following Traffic Stop in Oakville
- Gun Allegedly Recovered After Vehicle Crashes into Tree in Brampton
- Man Facing Charges After Loaded Gun Seized During Traffic Stop in Brampton
- Brampton Truck Driver Arrested for Impaired Driving on Highway