Loaded Handgun Allegedly Seized After Brampton Man Passes Out Behind the Wheel
Police say a Brampton man is facing charges after a loaded handgun was allegedly recovered during an impaired driving investigation in Mississauga.
Peel police say that on Thursday, Jan. 17, 2019, at 2:52 p.m., officers received reports of a potentially impaired driver in the Eglinton Avenue and Hurontario Street area. ,
Police allege they located the vehicle and found the driver passed out while in the driver's seat.
During the arrest, a loaded 9mm handgun was allegedly located on the driver.
Police also allege that further investigation of the vehicle located illicit drugs as well.
Police say 21-year-old Brampton man Jevere Anthony Grignon has been charged with impaired driving, firearm, and drug related offences.
The accused was held for a bail hearing and appeared in court on Jan. 18, 2019.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- These Brampton businesses are giving back to the community amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Close to 1,000 cases of COVID-19 recorded in Ontario, with 41 new cases found in Peel
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- Pusateri’s responds after being called out for price gouging by Doug Ford
- Brampton Man Facing Impaired Driving and Firearm Charges
- Gun Allegedly Recovered After Vehicle Crashes into Tree in Brampton
- Police Seize Loaded Handgun, Drugs, and Cash Following Traffic Stop in Oakville
- Man Facing Charges After Loaded Gun Seized During Traffic Stop in Brampton
- Brampton Truck Driver Arrested for Impaired Driving on Highway