Local business making deliveries in Brampton amid the COVID-19 outbreak
While the news surrounding the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has been bleak, some people (and businesses) are stepping up and doing their best to help their communities cope with the crisis.
Among these businesses, is BUILD IT by Design, a construction firm based in Mississauga, who specializes in restaurant construction.
Recently, they have started an initiative in hopes of helping emergency front line workers, food banks and local restaurants who have been impacted by the outbreak and are struggling to make ends meet.
“We hope to inspire other construction firms to step up and help the community during this time,” said George Thomas, from BUILD IT by Design.
“Today we delivered 90+ boxes of Krispy Kreme that went out to Brampton Civic Hospital, Salvation Army Brampton, Mississauga Food Bank and Eden Food For Change.”
In the past, they have also delivered food to Trillium Mississauga and Mount Sinai Toronto and will be delivering to different hospitals and food banks every week moving forward.
Additionally, they have just launched a campaign called #buildittogether in order to raise money and keep the awareness going for as long as it’s needed.
For more information, visit https://raisedays.com/covid19/buildit.
Photos courtesy of George Thomas
- Ontario to announce plans for Stage 3 of reopening as COVID-19 spread slows
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Police responding to reports of man sitting in middle of road in Brampton
- Brampton resident celebrating a big lotto win
- Feed Canada launching new program to assist Ontario food banks meet increased demand amid pandemic
- Pizza Hut donating $70,000 to Food Banks Canada, 5,000 free pizzas to front-line workers
- It's Hunger Action Month and Food Banks Need Your Help
- Dairy farmers donating milk, money to Ontario food banks
- Canadian Food Banks Need Your Help This Summer