Major Bank Forgives Debt of Its Canadian Credit Card Holders
If you are an owner of a Chase Bank credit card in Brampton, you may want to check your balance!
The move by the company is a result of its exit from Canada's credit card market.
"Customers with an outstanding balance as of June will no longer see red on their statements," Chase Bank said in the release.
The total amount of debt forgiven is unknown at this time.
Chase Bank announced the company's plans to leave the Canadian credit card market in March 2018.
Chase Bank is owned by its parent company: JPMorgan Chase. It was originally founded in 2004 in New York, New York in the U.S.
Did you have any debt forgiven on your credit card?
- Grocery store employee in Brampton tests positive for COVID-19
- Mayor Brown raises concerns over banquet hall events and weddings in Brampton
- BREAKING: AMBER Alert issued for two girls last seen in Kitchener
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- COVID-19: Ontario reports 554 new cases, 79 of those in Peel
- Canadians taking steps to avoid credit card debt, despite economic pressure
- Some Credit Card Users Might Have to Start Paying Extra Fees
- CIBC offers reduced credit card interest rate for clients in financial hardship
- New study determines best credit card in Canada
- Big banks reducing credit card rates